Welcome

Welcome to my blog.

Monday 21 March 2011

My Train Journey

So, it's Monday. Back off to university then for another week of learning and all that.
Mum drove me to the station, she had shopping to do anyway and this way we could say goodbye just before I leave. I readied for tears, just in case.
Everything was going fine, the train arrived and Mum said 'Here's your train' (remember that bit) and I got on and waved goodbye. Off I go.
Hang on, how come the train is going to the right? And isn't it a different type of train than I usually get at this time? Oh, a phone call from Mum.

Me: Hello?
Mum: You're on the wrong train.

So I thank you Mum for saying 'Here's your train' and making me nearly end up in Luton rather than Horsham. Although that was a nice hot chocolate.
Not only that, but about half an hour from my university, what happens - the train is put to a standstill for half an hour in the middle of nowhere because somewhere ahead a car had crashed into a bridge, making it potentially unstable.

So this post is dedicated to my Mum, who made it all happen and Jess, who turns out was on the same train (in carriage 1 whilst I was in 3) and went through it all too.

At least Mum was laughing too much to cry, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment